Triple Aught Design
For over a decade, our Ranger Platform has been the premier choice for adventurers and soldiers combating cooler conditions across all 7 continents. Combining exceptional fit, streamlined storage, and the superior wind resistant properties of Polartec® Wind Pro® fabric, Rangers are the ultimate fleece capable of performing across diverse climates and conditions.
- Polartec® Wind Pro®
- 100% Polyester (8.50 oz)
- DWR Finish (Durable Water Repellent)
- Three Piece Hood Design
- Two 1”x1”Velcro Loop Squares on the Hood Accommodate Ranger Eyes Or Glint Tape (Available on Patched Version Only)
- Two Large Chest Pockets with D-Ring and Media Port Pass Throughs
- Two Upper Arm Pockets with D-Ring and Media Port Pass Throughs
- Double Entry Hunter’s Pocket
- Left Forearm Pocket
- All Pockets Feature Zipper Garages and Grosgrain Ribbon Pull Tabs
- Full Front Double Coil Zipper with Chin Flap and Grosgrain Ribbon Pull Tabs
- All Zippers are YKK® Zippers
CUFF & SLEEVE CONFIGURATION
- Thumb Hole Cuffs Integrated into the Seam
- Two Optional Upper Arm, Die-Cut 3”x5” Loop Swatches for Accessory Patches
- Drop Back Hem
- Adjustable Locking Drawcord
LOGOS & LABELS
- One 1"x1" Loop Swatch with Logo Patch at Right Hip
MADE IN USA
This is my first TAD piece of gear, and to say I am impressed would be a understatement. Super high quality stitching and build quality. Been wearing it as a mid layer during -20 and colder but could definitely hold its own as an outer layer down to -5ish. The pockets and venting is truly unmatched so many pockets each with meshing too help dump heat during heavy exertion. All around impressive product!
Great quality, but the sizing is a bit...off. I normally wear an XL in shirts and jackets. I find that this hoodie fits snugly in the waist and torso. It’s fine if I’m wearing it on it’s own, but if I start putting things in the front pockets, things get tight really quickly. Also, the sleeve length is much longer than I expected. Yes, the sleeves have thumb holes and can be worn over the hand, but the extra length seems excessive. I fold over the cuffs about two inches (about the length of the thumb holes) so the excess length doesn’t impede my hands. It would have been nice if the sleeves had adjustable cuffs. The fleece is warm, wind resistant, and water resistant. It won’t spare you from a torrential downpour, but it can manage light precipitation nicely. I also own a PDW DA Hoodie. I may prefer that hoodie slightly more, because the sleeve length isn’t quite as extreme, and the torso isn’t as tight. Even though that hoodie is also constructed from Polartec Wind Pro, it doesn’t seem quite as warm and wind resistant as the Ranger LT. Curiously, the exterior fabric on the Ranger LT seems somewhat smoother and denser than the exterior of the DA Hoodie.