QuikClot Combat Gauze is a sterile, 3 in. x 4 yds. Z-folded, nonwoven gauze with X-ray indicator, and is impregnated with kaolin, an inorganic mineral that activates Factor XII,1 which in turn accelerates the body's natural clotting ability.2,3,4,5 This bleeding control solution creates a robust clot6,7 to control bleeding fast9 potentially giving you more time to attend to other tasks as you move patients through the continuum of care.
QuikClot Combat Gauze features:
- Intuitive to use,14 QuikClot Combat Gauze uses the same placement technique as standard gauze
- Vacuum sealed, compact, cube-sized packaging, and eight tear points expedite access to dressing for quicker application
- Contains an X-ray detectable strip for easy identification
- DAPA listed
- CoTCCC (Committee on Tactical Combat Casualty Care Committee) recommended
- Five-year shelf life
- NSN 6510-01-562-3325
Penetrating Wounds & Massive Bleeding
- Gunshot Wounds
- Mass Casualty Events
- Large Non-Compressible Injuries Where Tourniquets Cannot Be Applied
- Effective in Tourniquet Conversion
*Usage is not limited to this list, refer to each QuikClot product’s instructions for use.