CRKT Pilar Large Frame Lock Flipper Knife SS (2.62" Satin)CRKT
- Large version of best selling Pilar
- Smooth Opening: IKBS ball bearing pivot deploys the blade smooth
- Easy To Sharpen: High carbon stainless steel blade takes an edge well
- Fast Opening: The flipper deploys the blade fast
- Carry Options: Two position clip for tip-up or tip-down carry
- Blade Length: 2.67" (67.79 mm)
- Blade Edge: Plain
- Blade Steel: 8Cr14MoV
- Blade Finish: Satin
- Blade Thickness: 0.15" (3.73 mm)
- Overall Length: 6.69" (169.88 mm)
- Closed Length: 4.00" (101.55 mm)
- Weight: 4.20 oz. (119.07 g)
- Handle: Stainless Steel
- Style: Folding Knife w/Frame Lock
Jesper Voxnaes designed the Pilar in his Logstrup, Denmark shop, and named it after Ernest Hemingway’s beloved boat—the 38-foot long vessel that he used for renegade surveillance of German U-boats during WWII in Caribbean waters. The world-famous author was also a WWI combat vet, big-game hunter, sailor, and fisherman, and certainly would have selected an everyday knife companion like the Pilar for his daily endeavors.
The hardworking blade features a satin finish and the strong tip is useful for more detailed tasks. It’s deployed from its stainless steel handle with a thumb slot opening option as well as a flipper mechanism and is secured with a frame lock for your safety.
The modern Hemingway is the ultimate Renaissance man, and the Pilar is the knife that will stand up to the challenge.