Avon Protection Respirator Specialist Operator Gas MaskAvon Protection
The Avon Protection fire hardened FM54 Air Purifying Respirator provides Specialist Operators maximum protection and total flexibility. The FM54 provides protection to the face, eyes and respiratory tract from Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) threats, Riot Agents, Toxic Industrial Chemicals (TICs) and Toxic Industrial Materials (TIMs) while maintaining extreme user flexibility as mission profiles change.
- First Responders
- Prisons and Corrections
- Special Forces
The FM54 provides Specialist Operators maximum protection against CBRN threats, Riot Agents, TICs and TIMs while maintaining user flexibility as mission profiles change.
The FM54 functions in both negative and positive pressure modes (APR, SCBA, CCBA and PAPR). The enhanced, robust lever located on the VREU (Variable Resistance Exhalation Unit), switches mode from positive to negative pressure without removal of optional VPU (Voice Projection Unit) or loss of protection.
Ideally suited for the following applications; Special Response Teams, Law Enforcement, Clandestine Drug Lab, Entry & Remediation, Bomb Squads, First Responders, SWAT / ERT Teams, Civil Support Teams, Chemical Spill Clean-up and Bio Identification & Clean-up.
Features and Benefits
Field of View
- Panoramic single lens visor
- Optically correct visor
- Scratch Resistant
- 4 sizes to accommodate all operators
- Low profile brow for superior helmet compatibility
- Interchangeable silicone nosecups for custom fit
- Electronic Communication Port for integrated voice projection and radio communication
- Optional VPU provides ability to easily communicate while wearing mask
- Ruggedized integrated mode selector
- Functions as both a negative and positive pressure mask
- Robust lever enables easy switching between modes